We're going to (hopefully) be camping the next two nights, so there won't be posts for a few days. We'll post again when we're in Vegas! :)
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Day 4: Hey look...it's the desert!
Good morning from Phoenix, Arizona! We made it through Day 4...we weren't sure that we would for a while. At first, driving from Cortez, CO to Phoenix was like Kansas 2.0...but it improved massively. We made it to the Four Corners Monument...in the middle of nowhere. It was one of those things that we can say we did it and we never have to do it again. An amusing story from this leg of the journey, though, involves Chris and his game of buying new and different drinks at gas stations. He likes to see what crazy things he can find since we're not in Indiana. Well, he bought these two drinks that were supposed to give you energy with some kind of natural powder...I think. I really don't know, the label said you were supposed to drink two or three of them a day. Chris got two of them and let me have one. It. Was. Horrible. Chris' flavor was decent...mine was not. Chris told me that I should just take one big gulp for the heck of it...which I was in the middle of doing when we hit a bump. The drink went all over me and my brand new shirt that I had taken the tags off of THAT MORNING. Now, there's yellow spots from the powder that really looks to be radioactive. I was not amused. We did make more video blogs yesterday. I will apologize for the first one now. You can tell that we're bored and we were trying to think of something to do. We started just rambling, which is why the first video is almost 10 minutes long.
We're going to (hopefully) be camping the next two nights, so there won't be posts for a few days. We'll post again when we're in Vegas! :)
We're going to (hopefully) be camping the next two nights, so there won't be posts for a few days. We'll post again when we're in Vegas! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment